Home improvement, the term itself, can seem initially overwhelming and gives an impression of expensive work, renovations and tools. But it is what it is- home improvement means to simply improve some aspects of your home, and it doesn’t have to be large. Small, tasteful changes can still a make big difference to any house, the key is to focus on aspects that draw the eye.
If not decor, you can always change aspects of your home to improve storage and functionality. Besides just looking beautiful, a more functional home will also benefit you so much more in the long term.
- Shine Your Floor: Have your wooden floor shined or waxed. There are many services that offer to do this, but you can easily manage this yourself with floor wax, a floor brush and a bit of time. It will give your floors an amazing, natural shine that can make your home look new.
- Attach Storage Units: There are many areas in your home that you could place more storage in. On top of cabinets, under drawers with gaps, and even under dressers and your bed. Instead of simply putting items in the space, purchase effective storage units such as decorative trays and small baskets so you can easily organize your items. Also, you can build larger units if you have the tools for it, otherwise it’s easy to get power equipment online for the job.
- Build A Lamp Light: It does seem a little old fashioned but a portable lamp light can be very convenient and is a very beautiful piece of decor. Take an old lantern or lamp that is empty and place either a real candle inside that can be lit, or better and safer, a faux candle that runs on batteries. You can place this on surfaces as decoration or take it with you during the evening or when coming out to the yard. If you don’t have a decorative lamp, you can always make one for yourself.
- Clean Your Carpets: Though you would normally need services for this, you can definitely hire your own carpet cleaner, buy a cleaning solution and manage the whole task yourself. Soon enough, you will feel the nostalgia from seeing your carpet back in its original, more vibrant color compared to when it was dusty and dirty,
- Install Herbs: Having herbs in your home can act as a natural fragrance and can also be useful for when you’re cooking in the kitchen. You can always get a wall planter and purchase a few herb plants and install them within the spaces. If you want a more spread-out look, you can place the plants in different areas of the house. Or if you’re not keen on herbs, you can always opt for fragrant flower plants such as lily of the valley, orchids and lavender.
- Decorate With Art: It is all too easy to purchase an art centerpiece, whether it’s a small mural or statue, or a big portrait to fill in blank wall space. Items like this can easily bring some personality into any room.
Have a good walk around your home and think of certain spaces that can use a bit of flavor or an upgrade. With just a few touches, you can make your home stand out from the inside and soon, maybe the outside.
Thanks For this great ideas article.